Emma strives to minimise her environmental impact, and produces as-local-as-possible yarns for your knitting pleasure.
Her beautiful creations can be found for sale on her website, and you can also follow her on instagram @woollymammothfibres.
Philosophy & Ideals
* Natural dyes sourced from her garden or kitchen scraps - the ultimate way to make sure every last item is used to its fullest potential! Wherever it is not possible to use locally gathered dye-stuffs, Emma will employ the use of natural dye extracts.
* An old school project that resulted in the creation of a naturally-dyed woven mat spurred on a desire to start spinning and dyeing yarn as a hobby - eventually leading to Woolly Mammoth Fibre Co.
* Locally focused, Emma sources yarns spun in Yorkshire. The wool is non-superwash, nylon-free, and come from British sheep, some of rare breeds. She uses compostable packaging for all her orders, and promotes the Shop Local movement.
Fibres & Colourways
* Featuring rare and unique breeds of wool, such as BFL, BFL/Masham, Wensleydale, Merino, and some chunky handspun in British breeds (more of those to come!). All the yarn bases are non-superwash, and naturally dyed for minimum environmental impact.
* Laceweight, DK, Chunky, 4ply
* Colourways tend to be relatively muted tonals, and since they are naturally dyed they will fade over time. Follow specific care instructions to hold the colour longer.
* Emma's love for Harry Potter has nudged her into hosting a Harry Potter knit club! Visit her website for more info on that.
*Ships worldwide from Northern Ireland
*Shipping packaging is compostable!
Tags: Europe, Ireland, UK, wool, natural, environmentally friendly, eco-friendly, British rare sheep, tonal, pastel, BFL, Wensleydale, handspun, club.
All photos on this page are copyrighted to Woolly Mammoth Fibre Co., and are reproduced here with permission.