Philosophy & Ideals
* Values honesty, kindness, fresh ideas, and great customer service.
* Inspired by the Rockies, near which she lives, whose scenery provides endless inspiration for new colourways.
* Strives to make beautiful, affordable yarns, as every fibre artist deserves to tell a story through their creations, and her colourscapes provide a starting point for those stories.
* Believes strongly in collaboration and inclusivity to all.
* Blends dyes to create unique colours that can then be "painted" on to the yarn to create a marbled look in the finished product. Also has a collection of tonals, but tends towards earthier colours, with a few pops of bright colours for contrast.
Fibres & Colourways
* Eight unique fibre bases available, all named after crops grown in her home state of Kansas:
- Alfalfa - Fingering (SW MCN, 4-ply)
- Amaranth - Fingering (100% non-superwash merino, 4-ply)
- Barley - Fingering (100% SW merino, single ply)
- Clover - Fingering (75% SW corriedale, 15% nylon, 4-ply)
- Milo mini-skeins - Fingering (75% SW merino, 25% nylon, 4-ply)
- Soybean - DK (100% non-superwash merino)
- Sunflower - Worsted (100% non-superwash merino)
- Wheat - Worsted (100% SW merino)
* International and domestic shipping available.
* Ships from Denver, Colorado, USA.
* Current vendors of Rachel's yarns in the USA are:
Tags: USA, North America, tonal, earthy, semi-solid, speckles, merino, superwash, MCN, non-superwash, multi-coloured, single ply, 4-ply, worsted, DK, fingering.
All photos on this page are copyrighted to Six and Seven Fiber, and are reproduced here with permission.