Philosophy & Ideals
* Baah Fibre Art aims to produce affordable, high-quality and unique colourways on cruelty-free and locally-sourced fibres and yarns.
* Natasha, the face behind Baah Fibre Art, grew up surrounded by colour, and learned from a young age about putting together colour combinations, as well as the basics of dyeing, as her mother is a textile artist. Naturally, once she taught herself to spin, crochet, and knit, heading down the path of dyeing yarns became clear.
* Her next goals, both personal and professional, are to take on the task of dyeing with natural dyes, as well as teaching herself how to weave. Natasha really does have a life-long love of all things fibre-related!
* However, whenever she is not working her magic with colour, she can be found relaxing with a strong cup of coffee and a good book.
Fibres & Colourways
* There are a variety of fibre bases available, including:
- 100% Merino (Light Fingering, Fingering singles, 2 ply Fingering, DK)
- 80/20 Merino Mohair blend (lace)
- 75/25 Merino Nylon blend (3 ply sock, Chunky singles)
- 100% BFL (3 ply sock)
- 100% Merino Art Yarn (handspun various weights)
- 100% Merino Handspun (Sock, DK)
- Cotton (Fingering & DK)
- 70/30 Bamboo Cotton Blend (Fingering)
* Most colourways available are tonal or semi-solids, and many of them feature speckles in various quantities. Colourways are limited and constantly changing.
* The skeins are dyed by hand-painting, kettle dyeing, or dip-dyeing techniques, as well as speckling.
* Ships worldwide with Aramex from South Africa.
* Local shipping (within South Africa) through Aramex & Postnet, with a collection option by arrangement.
Tags: South Africa, wool, merino, local, mohair, BFL, cotton, bamboo, lace, fingering, chunky, singles, sock, DK, hand-painted, handspun, kettle-dyed, speckles, tonal, semi-solid.
All photos on this page are copyrighted to Baah Fibre Art, and are reproduced here with permission.